Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Boy's night out

Birthday boy Brian (AKA my baby's daddy) awoke this morning glowing beams of glory with a goofy, giddy school boy grin stretched from ear to ear. As for those who know him this is a rarety. And probably seems like a fabrication. But I assure you folks, it is more than fiction.

Last night while I was working the wee hours of the Valentine's Day trunk sale at Tasty in Phinney Ridge, Brian and his pall Chuckles went to see Thursday at Showbox Sodo. ( I have yet to hear this band, but these boys are apparently gaga over them) So after receiving a few ecstatic texts from Brian saying things like "Thursday Destroyed!! Best show EVER!" I was ready to skedaddle my stiletto clad, fake eyelashed, big haired, stretch leather legging ass away from the register, pink champagne, and pink frosted heart shaped cookies to go home to my sketch pad, (I got smacked in the face with an abundance of inspiration at the show) jammies and an adult beverage of my own. I was anticipating a drunken boy after party at my place. Since it was still pretty early, around midnight,  and I knew the boys would be all pumped up and sooo not ready to go to bed only to wake up at a decent hour to complete the daily grind.
The lead singer of Thursday and Brian
Apparently while Brian took his little girl bladder to the bathroom near the end of the show, Chuck took it upon himself to find Thursday's van, introduce himself to the band and tell them it was Brian's birthday. So by the time Brian was done going potty he was rushed straight into star-struck bliss. They all ended up going across the street to some dive bar where the drummer was bought "birthday boy Brian" shots and drinks to celebrate. Long story short (er) He had the time of his life. I am beyond ecstatic for him. The poor guy has a hell of a commute to a thankless job and its about time he did something fantastic. Yay for my little Bri Bri!


At least I know he didn't completely forget about us gals back at home in his real life while he was out and about. Between numerous texts and frantically excited calls to me, he also posted this fabulous picture of my adorable diva babe on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment