Saturday, February 26, 2011

Zumba

I started this fine Saturday morning waking from a dream within which I was at the dollar store browsing pregnancy tests whilst my cell phone was beeping and freakin beeping uncontrollably and I couldn't figure out how to make it stop. Eventually I came to my waking senses to realize it was just the damn alarm clock going off. Stabbing me in the brain insistently. It was 6am mind you, so as I was planning on forgetting this little interruption, Mila was basking in the making of a little interruption of her own. The joys of sharing a room with your toddler. So yes, I have been dead tired all day. Thank you.
For the last month or so my mother has been trying with all her might to get me to join her at Dance Underground on Capital Hill for Nia or Zumba classes. Today was the day that all pieces fell into place and I was actually able to attend.
IT WAS GREAT!
The class began with Lady Gaga so I was immediately sold. I could sum Zumba up as basically something I would do on a dance party night with my girlfriends. Given that Zumba doesn't include vodka tonics and involves more stamina than I would regularly volunteer. I am now the proud owner of my own introductory student 3 class punch card and plan to attend class again next Saturday. I feel about 80% better about my existence now. I guess a good workout, some fun tunes, and flailing arms can really make a good impact on my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment