Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Storybook land Owl Creature

The Owl I made Tess and Spencer for their new baby human! 
They are having a girl in November and the nursery theme is Owls and cherry blossoms. I am currently unemployed and surrounded by artistic inspiration, so this is what I came up with-
Owlie! The owl creature from storybook land
Owlie is made out fo 90% reclaimed material- mostly old sweaters, tshirts, pants, etc. The pink polka dot and leopard print material and the inside stuffing were the only things new.

Here he is loungin after completion

Some of him was machine sewed while other parts were stitched by hand.
The orange criss cross pattern on his eye mask was done by hand.

Close up of the detail on his knees. Little heart knee pads!
Making Owlie was very enjoyable. I had been working on him for about 2.5 months at my own leisure. I would usually bust him out after putting Mila to bed at night and catching up on episodes of Weeds, True Blood, Breaking Bad, Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, the works.  I feel less guilty about vegging out in front of the tv for hours when I'm getting something accomplished at the same time!
I may have taken pictures of the making of this, but if I did I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to go looking for them now!
I hope Tess, Spencer and their little one enjoy him!

No comments:

Post a Comment