Monday, January 17, 2011

Summer Fantasies

MAN. Living in Seattle has some perks, but am I the only one who gets tired of the rain? The cold, mold, damp, ickiness? Its only January and I am having serious issues with the mushy, half rain-snow outside my window. So to make this day bearable, I'm fantasizing about this summer to come. 



 

Let me start off by explaining my current living situation. After leaving my job at the end of August last year to stay at home with Mila, we fell into some financial hardships. Having only one income made affording our East Bellevue apartment impossible. We moved in with Brian's sister who had 2 extra rooms waiting for us in her manufactured, mobile home community house. 

So it is what it is: To spare the fancy titles, we live in a trailer park in Auburn, WA. 
I'm making the best of this year anyway I can, broke, homeless (kinda) and trashy. I see pink flamingos steaked into our little back yard. A pink plastic lawn chair with my frilly bikini clad self sprawled out with a good book and vodka spiked lemonade. Ill have unnecessary amounts of jewels draping my neck and wrists. Only to make myself feel fancy as I sip with my pinky out. Mila will be the envy of all the other trailer park kids with the best of the best blow up kiddy pool/ water park that I can find. I will spare no expense. Pink flip flops, over-sized shades and huge billowy hats. Sequins and flowers in our hair (if Mila grows any by then!) Now if only I can find some AstroTurf and a vintage boom box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment